If you follow me on TikTok, then you’ve probably seen my obsession with using my Power Drill on my Addi Knitting Machine. I had a lightbulb moment today and realized that I had everything that I I needed to make a Santa Hat, so I jumped at the chance to make things happen. These are the supplies I used:
- Addi Express King Knitting Machine
- Caron Simply Soft Acrylic Solid – Harvest Red
- NICEEC 2 Skeins Super Soft Fur Yarn Chunky Fluffy Faux Fur Yarn Eyelash Yarn
- Addi Knitting Machine Drill Bit Attachment
When I make hats, I generally do between 115-130 rounds, depending on the yarn. I prefer knitting machine hats when folded onto itself and cinched at both ends together for the top. It so much cleaner and keeps my noggin warm on cold days. So that’s the same process I used, but I made it a little longer with a couple yarn changes. Follow this order:
- 70 rows in red
- 25 rows in white
- 60 rows in red this will be the exterior so more of the white shows on the front thank the inside for a wider brim
If you would like to see a brief tutorial, I have a video on my TikTok that walks through the steps.
And that’s all folks. Make sure to tag me on social when you make these. I can’t wait to see them all.
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Fantastic! I love it so much. How did you make the pompom?
Comments are closed.